Berny - PLEASE advise!

HollyM
Unregistered guest
I have an RCA Lyra RD1020 and use MMJB (the only option with this player). I went to add new songs (the first time in several months I've done this) and suddenly MM is not recognizing my device.

I've reloaded the software & reloaded the plug-ins with no success. I see that others have the same problem but I haven't seen a solution yet.

I've attempted to contact RCA and no reply. I attempted to contact MM and they only allow tech support if you upgrade to MMPlus. If I knew for SURE that my $20 for the upgrade would fix this problem - I'd pay it. But I shouldn't have to pay when copying songs to my device is supposed to be free with MM basic.

Please, please help.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2594
go to control panel
device manager
check the usb devices and make sure that it is working and there are no "?" next to it. If you do, you have a driver problem.

It sounds like a device problem so upgrading will not work.

If that doesn't work try reformatting your player.

HollyM
Unregistered guest
Well - I've thrown in the towel. My USB drivers are all working properly. I finally got someone from RCA on the phone and I followed all of their suggestions:
Upgraded firmware, reloaded USB plugins, took batteries out of my device to let it reset, etc. All to no avail.
My mp3 device is not to be found anywhere on my computer, and I even tried at my workplace computer w/ the same problem. I notice that the newer Lyras are Windows Media compatible, so I may try one of those. Thanks for trying to help Berny!

Username: Venom8

Post Number: 1
I have a Lyra 1020 and the problem I'm experiencing is, when I put the batteries in, the unit powers up, but won't play any songs. The songs play off the device and through Windows Media player, so I know they work. I just can't seem to get the player to play any songs. Any ideas? TIA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us