NAD L53 or C720BEE?

Username: Gselva

Post Number: 1
Hi. Newbie here, but have been lurking these boards for a while.

Both these products are new NAD receivers, which seems like ideal options for the setup I'm trying to go for in my den. It's approx. 10'X 20'. I will plug a TV to the receiver, but not sure if will probably not setup as full surround speaker setup. Honestly, I don't care all that much for it and this system will serve mostly to listen to music, with occassional dvd use. More than likely I'll stick with two main speakers and possibly a sub (Looking at Axiom M22tis and matching Axiom EP125 sub)

I like the simplicity of the all-in-one L53 box, but wonder if I might be left wanting to add-on later and be limited by that. On the other hand, the C720BEE is also interesting. I had wanted to buy a C320BEE but didn't like the fact I would have to buy a separate tuner just cause my wife likes to listen to the radio sometimes. Now we could do both.

Anyone who's tried the L "type" all-in-one boxes from NAD versus the real simple receivers like the C320BEE care to comment if there is a discernible difference in sound quality or anything I may not have considered?

Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 346
Based on the 'NAD hiss questions' thread, Im not sure you should even consider a NAD. It seems that many are having problems with humming and hissing sounds.

Username: Gselva

Post Number: 2
The problem those guys are having relates to surround and center speakers. Neither of these receivers support center or surround speakers so I'm not concerned this would be an issue... I'm looking for a simple, no frills system. The hiss problem seems to relate to the 7X3 line, not any other models I've heard of. But thanks for your input.

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 58
It may be worth your while looking at the NAD L70, which is generally on sale in the UK at about the same price as the L53, but which used to cost twice as much.
Seems similar, except for the 5.1 channel output. It doesn't seem to have progressive scan though, which may be why they are selling them off cheap.

Only heard one briefly and sounded fine. The tuners in all the NAD equipment are really good IMO.

Just a thought :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us