OK I am ready to make the leap - HELP

Username: Ace_maze

Post Number: 1
To all of you knowledgeable sterophiles, I need your advice.
I am ready to make my final choice

Yamaha RX-V2500
Denon 3805
Marantz SR 7500 or 8500 if worth going up

Other brands are not served in my neck of the woods.
I am planning to use the system as an stereo and as a home theater. In one zone the main use will be a 5.1 home theater and in other zone as an stereo. Needs for playing diferent devices for each room is required.
I will be pluging the Mythos 1, 3, UIW-75 or UIW BPZ/A and the Super Cube II in the video room and two UIW-75 or UIW BPZ/A in the other room all from Definitve Tech.

I can't listen to the systems so I have to take a leap of faith. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. I know they are all great systems for the price and that eventually any of them will work well but I want to take an educated and fully research leap of faith.

Regards and thank you

Anonymous

Denon AVR-3805. Definitely.

Enjoy!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 244
Yammi2500. Definitely.
Just to throw a wrench in things.(heh)

Both models will perform similarly and reproduce quality sound. Do your homework and pick apart the features of each model and choose the model that fits your needs best.(especially, if you cant listen) For me, it was the Yammi that won the battle over features. You might feel otherwise, but you wont know until you look carefully and make your own judgement.

Migrain
Unregistered guest
I would say narrow it down to the Denon and Yamaha.

Yamaha will save you money (costs less)and you will very happy with it. The Denon will give you the bad boy bragging rights (it does almost everything and has more reserve power). Marantz is OK.
The Yamaha has a two year warranty vs Denon's One and the Denon has had reliability issues with passed models, none so far with the 3805 I think. Yamaha includes the setup mic, Denon's cost $65.00 more.

Yamaha 2500 can be found on the interet with big discounts, bigger than the Denon because Yamaha sells more receivers thn anyon in the business (according to statistics in the US for 2004).

Denon is holding it's value bcause it has superior ciruitry and power and because every body and thier brother want's one.

Both have the same value for the money in terms of features, quality and power. If you want more you have to spen more.

Migrain
Unregistered guest
I would say narrow it down to the Denon and Yamaha.

Yamaha will save you money (costs less)and you will very happy with it. The Denon will give you the bad boy bragging rights (it does almost everything and has more reserve power). Marantz is OK.
The Yamaha has a two year warranty vs Denon's One and the Denon has had reliability issues with passed models, none so far with the 3805 I think. Yamaha includes the setup mic, Denon's cost $65.00 more.

Yamaha 2500 can be found on the interet with big discounts, bigger than the Denon because Yamaha sells more receivers thn anyon in the business (according to statistics in the US for 2004).

Denon is holding it's value bcause it has superior ciruitry and power and because every body and thier brother want's one.

Both have the same value for the money in terms of features, quality and power. If you want more you have to spen more.

Unregistered guest
This is from a small town in Nova Scotia Canada. Our dealer carries Yahama and Denon. Yamaha 2500 is $950 and Denon 2805 1150.
I am going for Yahama

jimvm
Unregistered guest
Jose - Each one of the receivers you've listed are excellent. I agree with Paul; if you can't look at them "hands on", carefully compare the features and go with the one that best fits your needs.

By the way, Migrain is incorrect; all of Denon's new receivers carry a two year warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 328
Whatever you do...negotiate price.

Maybe that's just me, but I never pay the offered price. Part of the fun of retail shopping for me I guess.

The 2500 was $999 at my local store, but I only paid $785. I enjoy working over the sales guys. Lots of fun!!

Unregistered guest
I need help.I got the max 2500 reciver and it will only show about 3-4 channels on the 110-119 sat,could someone please help me tell me how to get more channels that would be nice, thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us