Looking at buying the Best of the Best Home Audio

Username: Dwl787

Post Number: 5
I am looking at buying a good sound quality booming Entertainment Centre.

I am new to all this so need some advise.

Receivers: who makes the best overall reciever?
Speakers: who makes the best for sound quality?

Is it a good idea to mixmatch for say pioneer reciever and sony speakers?

What would and should look for in a reciver as well to how many speakers can be hooked up to a single reciver?

Yet another question what to look for when buying speakers for a reciever - as to not want to blow an speaker or the reciever.

Thanks as any help will be great

David

Silver Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 109
We will need a budget before making any recommendations, and also you won't be looking at sony for the best speakers!!! Most people that make receivers dont make speakers and vice versa, so matching isn't important, but matching all the speakers from the same company is. As for how many speakers to a receiver, can be anywhere from 2 to 10 or so. most are 6 or 7 today. So start with a budget and see where we go from there.

Post Number: 7
Approx. $5,000 for the entainment centre (reciever and speakers which including subwoofer, etc.)

Hope this helps,
Actually was just looking at the Pioneer VSX-54TX receiver. and again just looking as heard pioneer is good.

David

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
The pioneer elite 54 is a great receiver and a great way to start off the new system. I would look at maybe the paradigm monitor or studio series to go with it. Could probably get the monitor 7's, cc370, adp370 as a 5 speaker setup. Then look at Hsu for subs, probably the vtf2-mk2 or vtf3-mk2. Also check out B&W, and Monitor Audio Silver series. All are great speakers and would make a great setup. When it comes down to it, it is what you prefer for sound, so you make the big decision, we can only make recommendations. Have fun.

Post Number: 8
with the Pioneer VSX-54TX now picked

what are great quality speakers and powerful?

Oh with the Pioneer VSX-54TX what wattage of speakers I should at least go as would not want to blow the speakers - how do I tell?

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
Most higher end speakers will be fine, look at paradigm, B&W, klipsch, Monitor Audio.

edster922
Unregistered guest
$2-3,000:
For your budget I'd look into getting a separate amp or maybe even two of them, pair with a cheaper receiver that has pre-outs.

$1500-2000:
The next biggest expense would be some quality speakers and subwoofer. And speaker stands if necessary to get the speakers sitting at the correct elevation (tweeter at ear level or above).

$150 total:
The two things I'd probably spend the least amount of money on would be the DVD/CD player and the cables. Toshiba and Pioneer both make excellent DVD players for under $100 which produce very good sound quality. There are $1000 audiophile CD players out there but the difference IMHO does not really justify the massive extra moolah. The cables I'd just go with standard 12 gauge (accessories4less.com has a good selection), disregard all the silly hype about boutique "audiophile" cables.

Bronze Member
Username: Jake272727

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 25
I would look at ascend acoustics for your speakers and svs for your sub I personally am going with a hk 7300 receiver.

Username: Sanmoreau

Post Number: 1
Let me see If you like this configuration

$1,199.99 Denon AVR-3805 (that price is from Crutchfiel, there are better prices)
$1,495.00/pair - Focal JM Labs Chorus 726S 150w (french Speakers high quality sound for all type of media).
$550.00/pair - Focal JM Labs Chorus Chorus 706S(sorround Speakers)
$450.00/pair - Focal JM Labs Chorus CC 700S (center Speaker)
$695.00/each - Focal JM Labs Chorus SW 700 S (S. woofer)
$4389.99 this is the price for the full system and still have to get a really good DVD player.

This are not speakers that you will Find on a circuitcity. But if you are lucky and find a retailer. I would take it.

Bronze Member
Username: Shahrukhd

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 30
Give Sunfire's Ultimate Receiever a listen. Bob Carver's latest is one of the best I've heard in a long time.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 293
Ok, since money is no object, I recommend the Earthquake Cinenova 7.1 Power Amplifier. It has 7 channels with 300watts per channel all driven. Be sure your component rack is heavy duty because it weighs 160lbs. That should be just enough power to get him started.

Now that we've got your power source figured out, we need to find an adequate surround sound processor........hmmmmmmm, any ideas? I suppose you could strap on a cheapo YamahaXZ9 just for surround decoder purposes.

Heh

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 294
Ooops, sorry.

I just saw where budget restrictions were given. Scratch my suggestion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us