Denon 3805 va Marantz SR-14EX, help to make immediate decision

Bronze Member
Username: Phucsafi

Post Number: 11
I have owned some Denon, Onkyo, and currently owned Marantz SR 7300 products. To my thinking, Denon is on feature sides and Marantz is on warmer side sound. At present, in my country, Denon 3805 is sold for 950-980USD with official 1 year warranty that is not bad. I really the EL back light from them. I have shopped arround and found some shop sells the Marantz SR 14EX that is on reference series and is the flag ship of Marantz few years ago. I have seen some guys in Audioreview bought it from 1500 - 3000 USD. They sell here for only 900 USD without remote control but they include a Chinese remote that can learn from Marantz receivers. Only the remote sold with SR 14EX originally is 500 USD i think. The SR14EX of course is brand new and I think it is a steal product as voltage 120V/60HZ Canada, America voltage. It is in black color and really huge and heavy. May be 1.5 more weight than the 3805

I am torn between features of Denon and the build quality of SR14EX and I think SR14EX will produce amazing sound. SR14EX get only 5 x 140W channel powered, no dolby prologic II but it has THX ultra.

Some one help me please as I don't want to loose chance as all shop get only 02 SR14EX left.

Username: Jraider

Post Number: 4
Buddy lol sounds like u know what ua re talking about, but where are u from lol?
I am not sure what you sould do, but i would buy your old reciever

Username: Devil2005

Post Number: 1
LOL !!!! where are you from ??? it made me hard to understand what you really wanted. Both SR 7300 and Denon 3805 are pretty good for entry level. The SP14 EX is another class but it would deliver sonic sounds if you used a pair of some 2000$ speakers as the receiver is quite muscle. Otherwise, keep your Marrantz with 3rd class speakers (under 700$) such as .... bose 701 and JmLAB chorus ...blab blab...

I hope this would help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Of course, I want to change my current SR7300. I am using a JMlab 725 series. As the cost of Denon 3805 and the SR 14EX is nearly the same so I am torn between their features and quality. Eg. The 3805 features is up side and the quality of SR 14EX is better I guess. I am living in Viet Nam.

For the entry level price of 3805, I get chance to get the upper class 14EX but has to sacrify some DSP features... Please give your comments

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Of course, I want to change my current SR7300. I am using a JMlab 725 series. As the cost of Denon 3805 and the SR 14EX is nearly the same so I am torn between their features and quality. Eg. The 3805 features is up side and the quality of SR 14EX is better I guess. I am living in Viet Nam.

For the entry level price of 3805, I get chance to get the upper class 14EX but has to sacrify some DSP features... Please give your comments

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Please help me. Which one do you buy between Marantz SR14EX and Denon AVR 3805? I got the same price 980 USD in my coountry. The SR14EX is lack of its original remote controler.

Anonymous

I highly recommend you go with the AVR-3805.

Enjoy!

Anonymous

AVR 3805 has undisputed good quality at its field. But IMO, some further DSP are totally joke. If You just need to focus to the sound quality, the best way is trying them with the rest of your system and keeping in mind that they must MATCH UP with the quality of the SR14EX, (Assuming that you know how to set up Hi-Fi system). Otherwise, you won't see the different b.ween the "awesome" and the "good". Hence, go for the AVR 3805

Bronze Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 34
I had a Denon for weekend then went and picked up a Marantz. Denon has the features and equal sound in multichannel, Marantz is the clear winner for music and 2 channel applications. Good luck and enjoy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us