How to setup 2nd pair of large speaker to zone "B" of Yamaha reciever

Username: Bil

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 3
Dear all , i have a Yamaha rx540 reciever and a JBL "simply cinema " 5.1 home theater is connected to its "A" zone speaker connections. I want to connect a 2nd pair of Large speakers to zone "B" of the reciever but want to keep the speakers in the same room for extra punch. Can anyone would be kind enough advise following:

1)What setting i should do in the main speaker size setup of the reciever "Large" or "Small" as the zone "A" has small main speakers.

2)Where should i direct the "LFE", to main / subwoofer or both.

3) Will the adding of 2 large speaker to zone "B" of the reciever give me the required extra punch.

4) Can i setup the extra 2 large speakers behind the small jbl home theater speakers.(keeping the large speakers with wider spread)

Guidence / suggestions will be appreciated.

Username: Jraider

Post Number: 3
I don't really know all that, but i am pretty sure that most recievers don't run both A and B Zone at the same time with out losing some of the surround speakers....
Okay i take that back....
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/receivers/RXV540.htm
But i am sure that if you run both A and B that the watts with be split in half...
Just thought that i could through my 2 cents in..
Hey man e-mail me back...

Username: Bil

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 4
dear john, please note that yamaha rx440 and 540 both are capable of running "A" n "B" speakers simultaneously. the wattage if divided by default into 4 like 90 x 4 or 100 watts x 4. All i want to know is what i should do in the speaker main setup regarding the speaker size as the speaker system connected to "A" is small of jbl home theater and the ones i want to connect to "B" are sansui large bass reflex ( old model ) speakers. if i give the setup large speaker configuration and direct the LFE signal to main or both (sub woofer and main speakers ", i want to confirm that it will not damage my jbl home theater's small main speakers. as an alternative i will use home theater connected to "A" connectors while watching movies and switch to "B" for music.

any suggestions ????

Username: Jraider

Post Number: 5
so are u saying that for the speakers a and b u can only use one setting for both, either large to small?
In my way of thinking it will not mess up anything if its that way.
But wat u just said sounds like u aren't going to be using the 4 speakers in the front at the same time.....
It souldn't hurt anything..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us