Not happy with panasonic sa-xr25 gonna upgrad to pioneer elite VSX-52TX

Justin.s
Unregistered guest
I cannot get the dang thing to go into dolby 5.1. so after i do a few things i'm gonna se if i can find the vsx-52tx. Plus the sa-xr25 sounds weak with 5 athenas. What is everyones opinion on the vsx-52tx and how much does it cost canadian ??

edster922
Unregistered guest
As I understand it the 52tx is virtually identical to the Pioneer 1014 which goes for just $400 online. The main difference is that the 52tx allows you to have second room capability, otherwise all the innards are the same.

Go to hometheaterforum.com and check out the +23 page thread on the 1014.

I'm surprised to hear about your problems with the panny, have been reading lots of rave reviews of it at different audio forums like the one above.

Anonymous

The Pioneer company will tell you that the 1014 and 52tx are made of different parts.

edster922
Unregistered guest
Guess that could depend on whom you talk to, the sales reps or the tech reps. I've read of several people on different threads from different audio forums who were told otherwise.

Anonymous

The problem is that everyone should be told the same thing. I know of people who have been told by supposed techs at Pioneer that they are different. But if you call Pioneer you will soon realize that sometimes it does not seem like they know about their own product. I wonder if service dept is as bad.

edster922
Unregistered guest
Yep, can't agree with you more.

Sounds like Pioneer deserves to have somebody buy both models, take the cover off of them and compare the parts side by side, then return one for a full refund! : )

Username: Zao

Calimesa, California USA

Post Number: 10
Just got the 1014 a couple weeks ago and I love it:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us