Denon vs nad

Bronze Member
Username: Miso

Slovakia

Post Number: 21
which reciever would you recommend denon3805(2805) or nad773(763),based on actual listening,it's gonna be used more for home theater,than music.(b@w matrix 805's,htm7) thanks

Bronze Member

Slovakia

Post Number: 23
anybody? gotta make decision

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2810
NAD 773, hands down. I like its sound better than the Denon.

Anonymous

Denon 3805, no question. Awesome for music and even better for home theater. This is a "no-brainer".

Bronze Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 80
Two replies. Two different answers.

Looks like if you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself. And nowhere is it more true than in selecting audio/ht components.

Must go listen/see for yourself at a local dealer. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2812
Right on!

Bronze Member
Username: Canuckinapickle

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 67
NAD 773 -- no question. Listen to both but I recommend the NAD. I demo'ed the NAD 753 against a similar Denon and NAD blew it away. That was with music. With movies I couldn't really tell them apart.

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 49
I agree with the advice to listen to both options - if you can. I don't know how things are in Slovakia, but in my neck of the woods (in the UK) it is hard to find dealers who can demo both products.
Having heard both NAD and Denon (separately), I found the NAD to be superior for music, so I bought one of those.
The Denon may possibly be better for home theatre, (maybe has more 'bang and fizz' ?? ;) ) but the NAD meets my expectations in movie presentation.

Bronze Member

Slovakia

Post Number: 24
diablo-it's same here,not a one dealer,who can demo it for me.i have denon2800,but it's got old,and been very happy with it,just like to try different brand.From what i read,NAD should be better,but this NADguy is trying to sell it hard,and he's just went nuts,when i mentioned denon-he said everything's better than DENON.Don't feel like buying from him anymore,so probably i'mgonna drive 200km to other dealer just to compare(bringing DENON with me) shopping sucks!(actually pushy dealers sucks!) :-(

Anonymous

The Denon 3805 has much, much better ADC and DAC chips, arranged in multi-array differential mode, and made by Burr-Brown. Those who think the NAD sound is better are simply used to inferior sound, and thus unaware that the 3805 output is genuinely and significantly superior sound quality. If you truly know hi fidelity sound, then you would notice right away the immense quality difference and better sound output of the 3805. Those who think a lesser receiver sounds better, simply are used to inferior sound and thus move toward what they are used to hearing. Kinda sad!

Bronze Member
Username: Canuckinapickle

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 68
Anonymous Writes:
"NAD sound is better are simply used to inferior sound" Well someone is a bit snooty and rude.

My personal favourite is the Anonymous post -- no username with any credible history / postings is associated. If you feel you have something of value to contribute may I sugest you do so without being rude -- and perhaps sign up with an account.

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 50
miso,
I notice that you have posted on another thread that you have decided to get another Denon
This is probably a wise decision. The problems with hiss/hum are not connected to the design of the NAD receivers - if you read all of the 97 posts in that thread, you wil see that many NAD owners have no problems at all.
However, NAD do seem to have some troubles with quality control in their receiver line-up
If you do have problems, then being where you are, getting them sorted out may prove difficult.

I love the sound quality of the NAD receiver I have and definitely wouldn't change it for a Denon, but I might have a different opinion if it was not working properly. As your main use is for HT then the Denon may well be the best choice.

Most receivers are much better at music than they were a few years ago. My first AV receiver was an Onkyo which got good reviews and sold for $2000 - but it was horrendous with music! I was almost pleased when it blew up after about two years, so I could buy something else!

Regards,
diablo

lauro
Unregistered guest
Miso;

Since youre more on movies than music, get yamaha 1500 or 2500 if you can find them. At the same price level, no receiver can beat yamaha, as far as movie sound reproduction is concern. Yamaha will let you experience that "being-there" feeling that other brands can hardly give.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us