Yamaha HTR-5750 or Harmon Kardon or Onkyo

Username: Kothrush

Post Number: 1
I would like to get some recommendations for these receivers. I can get HTR-5750 for around $300 or so. While, in the same price range I can get HK AVR-235. I do not know which onkyo is in that price range , but I would assume there will be one.

Planning to hook up JBL speakers to my receiver. My room is not that big, so planning on JBL E30 for front speakers and E10 for the rear.

Which receiver would you suggest and why? Is one receiver better in Movies (or music) vs other ? or can I get one which will be good in both, music and movies? I am mainly looking for movies , but I would also like to get your input for the quality of music I can have on these one.

Silver Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 116
I would suggest the HK, since it is better than the other 2 for music quality and matches better with JBL.

Username: Kothrush

Post Number: 2
Any more suggessions ? I would really appreciate some more inputs. I am also looking at marantz. They seem to be little more expnsive than HK and Yamaha for the given feature set. Why?

edster922
Unregistered guest
Yamaha (like Onkyo and many others) is known for exaqgerating its power ratings, something that both HK and Marantz are known for NOT doing. So an HK 235 which has a realistic 50 wpc is understandably $200 less than say a Marantz 5500 which has a realistic 90 wp because you're getting almost twice the power, or $100 less than the Marantz 4500 which is a realistic 80wpc.

The 4500 is probably more equivalent to the 235 than the 5500 is, in which case I think the $100 difference is well merited for the extra power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us