Balanced vs/ unbalanced amp

Username: Khilinski

Chula vista, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
What does it mean to have a "balanced" vs unbalanced amp? Practically speaking is this important?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

A balanced interconnect is the standard in the professional sound community where long cable runs beside high voltage cables are not uncommon. Balanced operation implies the + and - sides of the signal are kept separate from input to output. To accomplish this three conductors are required, a +, a - and a shield. The - signal is run independent of the shield. In unballanced operation, more commonly found in home audio, the shield and the - leg of the signal are combined. This can be acomplished with no more that one conductor and a -/shield connection. More likely you will see a + leg, a - leg and a shield with the - and shield being tied together at at least one end of the cable. The advantage of balanced operation is up to 6 dB of increase in signal to noise and a rejection of spurious noises from outside the signal itself. This depends on whether the signal remains balanced form input to output or is converted to the other format along the way. This conversion is typically, though not always, accomplished via transformers. If transformers are used, it will be dependent on the quality of the transformer and associated circuitry as to whether balanced operation is important.

Unregistered guest
dear sir,
i would like to purchase the sunfire stereo power amp.as a second hand.if i want sunfire 600-2 how much?300-2 h much?if any one have just mail me.i am eagarly want to purchase.
thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us