Help Hooking up a subwoofer

Username: El_jay

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I am attempting to hook a subwoofer up to my stereo system. I can't seem to figure it out. Would someone please let me know how they would do it? Below is a link to pictures of the back of the Amp and the Back of the subwoofer controller.

http://www.destrung.com/help.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Bronze Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 44
From the receiver you will use the Subwoofer output in the Preout section. I'm not sure about the subwoofer controller (haven't encoutered that in my limited experience)--but my first guess would the be the From Preamp connections.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 111
Jonacio,

You have a modern receiver and an older sub that predates the support of subs directly on the receiver. Normally, such a sub "controller" acts as a crossover between a stereo pre-amp and an amplifier, splitting the input signal between low frequncies for the sub and high frequencies back to the amplifier for the main speakers.

In your case, you could try fitting a Y doubler adapter on your receiver sub pre-put into the "From pre-amp" inputs on the sub controller.

Username: El_jay

Post Number: 2
Hello Peter

Thanks for the tip. I tried that and it still is not working. Do you know anything about the 'servo interface' line on the rear of the sub woofer controller

http://www.destrung.com/help.html

There is a servo input plug on the subwoofer unit that will receive this cable from the rear of the controller. Should I try that?

Thanks again for your help

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 117
Jonacio,

I assume that an RCA cable should get connected between the servo interface plug and a similar plug in the sub. It serves as feedback from the sub back to the amplifier to tell the amplifier how the sub responded to a signal in order to correct the response.

jcb
Unregistered guest
What is the best way to hook up two twelves to an 2 ohm stable two channel amp. Would it be series, parrelel, or would it be best to just bridge both of them to the amp.

Username: Guma_1

Post Number: 1
I just got this subwoofer and there doesn't seem to be a power cord or any kind of power source. Is this normal, and if so, what is the proper way to connect? Please help....

Bronze Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 36
Roscoe, yours is a passive subwoofer, which means it doesn't have a built-in amplifier. The easiest way is to connect its speaker input terminals to the speaker terminals on the receiver then connect the sattelites to the subwoofer's speaker output terminals.

Unregistered guest
I have a subwoofer without a powercord and with tension clamp to hook it up to the receiver, and a receiver that uses a plug type connection to the subwoofer similar looking to an a/v cord plug. Can I use this subwoofer or do I need to get a different one with the three prong plugs?

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 125
If the sub has speaker-level In/Out then you can connected it to the receiver and the satellite speakers to it via the speaker terminals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us