Speakers to pair with Yamaha RX-V650

JRS
Unregistered guest
Just purchased a Yamaha RX-V650 receiver (still in the box) to start my HT. Looking for advice on speakers to team up with this for mostly movie watching (~90%). I know enough that I know I don't enough. I have a budget of about $700 and have looked at Infinity TSS-750 and Polk Audio RM10 so far. Which of these or any other speakers would best be matched to my receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 85
I would suggest that you have a look at paradigm speakers. They are very good for their price and match very well with yamaha. Have a listen and see what you think, look at either the titans or minimonitors with the later being better.

JRS
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the advice. Listened to the Paradigms today and have most likely decided on them. For the price, it seems you can't beat them.

Unregistered guest
I'd like to hide all DVD-, CD-players, the turn-table etc... in the TV room, connected to an A/V receiver with 2nd/3rd zone capability.
The 2nd zone to feed the living room n 3rd zone being feed into the garden.
In the living room however I'd plan to invest in something more sophisticated (amp + speakers only!) compared with the TV room equipment.

QUESTION: Would this extra zone signal (let's say coming from a $600 A/V receiver) be just as good as from a directly hooked up CD-player (maybe 90% as good ?), or no way, better to invest in a 2nd CD-player etc..... (totally seperate set of sources) ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us