X-over freq settings with paradigm speakers & HK525

Bronze Member
Username: Tier0605

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 25
What should I set the x-over freq to on my speakers? I use an HK525 and I have the front two speakers set to 100Hz crossover, the center is also set to 100Hz and so are the surround and sub. I can set the freq independently for all the speakers. I use the Paradigm monitor7 for front, cc-370for center and mini monitor for surround and have a separate sub. What should I set the x-over numbers to for each of these components?

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 95
I would say keep the crossovers the same, probably some where around 60-80hz. I have the same system, except a different receiver and have my crossover at 70hz.

Bronze Member
Username: Tier0605

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 26
Thanks for the input d lowe. What sub are you using with your system? I am in the market for one - any recommendations?

Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6
I have Monitor 5's front, Mini's rear, and a CC370 center, with a PW2100 sub. I go full range with fronts and center. and crossover the rears at 80hz. I also don't use the LFE for my sub but instead use the Pre outs. Sounds much better for music. I have in the past crossed over the center at 80hz. I may go back to that, but for now I really like the way it sounds.

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 97
Actually I recently just got the HSU VTF2-mk2 as a sub, as you have probably read on here they are highly regarded and I have to agree. I think for the value it is tough to beat. I think you can get the same quality sub from paradigm if you want, but will have to pay more to get it, and matching the sub isn't as important as matching the rest of the speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us