Car sub at home - noise!!!!!! please help!

Username: Orling

Post Number: 1
Hi you all!
After reading the threads on this board about connecting a car subwoofer box to the home stereo, I really liked the idea and installed my Pioneer TS-WX75a (with built-in amp) bass tube at home. I powered it with a ATX power supply, so power problem was solved. Unfortunately, I have a problem: the sub has this huge noise, which is being amplified! Could it be the cables? The cable from the DVD player to the sub is not of very big quality. Or maybe the noise is naturally given by the DVD player? My DVD player has outputs for both 2 channel and 5.1 channel. I tried putting the regular speakers (2 ch) to the Front LR of the 5.1 and the sub to the SUB output of the 5.1, but then - no sound in the sub at all, even though I did all the settings :-((( Sub responds only when connected to either the 2x 2 ch. outputs (my sub has 2xRCA inputs, but has the option for speaker line - maybe I should investigate that?!?!) or the Front LR of the 5.1. But then the other speakers + sub have noise, really strong one!

Please, heeelp!

Username: Imsaffor

Post Number: 1
Do you mean you have a dual voice coil?

Like the back of the speaker has

Black/Red/Black/Red ?

if so. try
|---------|
Black/Red Black/Red
| |
| |
Reciever Reciever

Always worked for me, and i've always taken good care of my subwoofers.

Username: Imsaffor

Post Number: 2
Do you mean you have a dual voice coil?

Like the back of the speaker has

Black/Red/Black/Red ?

if so. try
Black---Black

Red---Reciever
Red---Reciever

Always worked for me, and i've always taken good care of my subwoofers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us