Denon 2805 for paradigm studio 20's?

Username: Rushwj

Post Number: 4
I'm going to pick up some new paradigm reference studio 20's in a few weeks and over the next year will flush out the whole 5.1 system (slowly replace my current system) with the matching 470 center, 470 ADP's and one of the subwoofers. I was thinking about the denon 2805. would this match well? How worth it is the upgrade to the 3805?
thanks,
bill

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 160
I had the 2805 and upgraded to the 3805. The 3805 has Burr Brown DAC's (smoother sound) and 4 power supplies vs 1 power supply in the 2805. The power supplies in the 3805 also have larger, higher quality caps and coils (cleaner sound). Is it worth $370 more than the 2805? In my case, yes.

Also, the 3805 has very cool remote.

Anonymous

Can the 3805 handle 4-ohm speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 163
Yes, the Denon 3805 can handle 4 ohm speakers.
Audioholics.com had a review of the 3805 driving some 4 Ohm RBH speakers. It used to be under the Ulitmate system guides. They have updated their speaker system and the RBH test is no longer there but may be available elsewhere. I remember the comment about the 3805 driving the 4 Ohm RBH's and "hardly breaking a sweat" in the process.

Username: Rushwj

Post Number: 5
This is probably a stupid question, but what's a Burr Brown DAC and what's special about it? I know you put "smoother sound", but anything else. Definitely considering the 3805 over the 2805, but still evaluating.
Thanks, bill
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us