I have an onkyo TX-SV717pro receiver and it won't work.

Username: Tabatha931

Clarksville, Tn United States

Post Number: 1
I went to work yesterday morning and when I returned, my son left my onkyo receiver on and when I got in from work, the protect display was on and the radio was playing low and when I would turn it up just a little, it would go in protect mode. I didn't think anything of this because when I would play it for a long peroid of time and a little loud, it would heat up and go in protect mode, at any rate, the following day after work, I went to turn my system on and the display wouldn't show anthing, the power was showing on but no sound or display to let me know what mode I was in was not displaying or showing anything. Could you please let me know what's going on with my system- it has never done a thing like this. Do these units come with a fuse. HELP PLEASE SINGLE FEMALE WHO DON'T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT THIS SYSTEM!!!

Chris1234
Unregistered guest
No sound, no display. I guess you need to have the receiver serviced.

MikeMazur
Unregistered guest
I have the same receiver, and sometimes had the "Protect" message appear because a speaker was blown or the speakerwires were touching together.

However, since you are not getting anything, it could now be the fuse (due to an earlier issue).

If I were you, disconnect all of the speakerwires, turn the unit off and back on. If you get the same results or the "Protect" light is still on, then take to a tech (although for what it's going to cost to repair/estimate, better to buy a new one). If the message goes away, put the speaker wires on one speaker at a time until the "Protect" light comes back on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us