Has anyone actually connected a souncard, preferably the Audigy 2 ZS to an amplifier?

Bronze Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 93
Ive just been looking at the ports on the Creative Audigy 2 ZS and they all look like 3.5mm jacks to me. I was planning to use this in my pc and connect it to my amplifier then to my speakers because music is what I mostly use my speakers for now.
So has anyone actually successfuly connected this soundcard (or know how to) to an integrated amp which will probably be a NAD C320BEE. I think the soundcard is actually a pre-amp so would it be ok to use that and then and integrated amp.
Note; this IS the setup i will be using because all my music is on my harddrive on my computer!
Thanks
picture of soundcard:
http://www.gamers-depot.com/hardware/soundcards/creative/aud2zsg/2.jpg

Silver Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 147
I must admit, computer based hi-fi is not my forte but I will try to assist you best I can.

Refer to the user manual of your soundcard, does the card have a line out 3.5mm (1/8 mini for us across the pond) output? I can't tell what the outputs are from that picture... a user manual will have an illustration detailing each output on the card.

A line level (unamplified) signal will give you best results.

You may make the connection using a 1/8 mini (3.5mm) to RCA y-adapter cable. This is what I use to connect an iPod to a amplifier.

Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us