Subwoofer Head ache!

Username: Jayslife44

Post Number: 1
Hello. I really listen to music alot and i watch a DVD twice a month or so and i listen to the tv thru my Technics a/v control stereo receiver. I have Cerwin Vegas for the front and JBL's in the rear, can i hook up a Sub without hooking up a center channel?, i plan on buying a center channel speaker soon after i get a sub! Please Help, I guess i am still stuck in the eighties! lol. ( when a stereo was 4 speaker's) Thank-you, Oh, just in case the Cerwin Vegas are 4 ohms and the jbls are 8 ? does Sony make a good sub for music and movies?!! thank you.

Blah
Unregistered guest
If your Cerwin Vega's are 4 ohms, that means that they were meant for car audio. But, if I were you, I would try getting a power amplifier from somewhere like Guitar Center, or somewhere else where they sell that kind of stuff. They usually come with 4 channels, and can run with different ohms. You shouldnt use a normal stereo receiver for a 4 ohm speaker. Hook-up all of the speakers your using for subwoofers to the Power amp. And use the subwoofer output from your receiver to the amp. The amp should have 2 gain controls that you can set how you like, and the volume control will still be from just your receiver. Use all of your receiver's channels for your surround speakers.

Username: Ltotheh

Post Number: 4
Having speakers that have a 4ohm impedance doesn't necesarily mean that they are for car audio.
I recently auditioned some Dali suite 1.7s that are 4ohm.
All you need is a nice receiver to handle it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us