Ventriloquist/Rocket Tykes/Athen Micro6

Unregistered guest
Looking for an inexpensive micro speaker setup for a small room. It would be used for both a home theater as well as for listening to music. These were the best rated speakers I could find in my price range. Trying to stay under $700 for a receiver and speakers.

I can get the:

Rocket Tykes with a Kenwood VRS7100 for $500

Athena Micra 6 for $300 and add a Pioneer SX-D514-S for $180 = $480

Ventriloquist v-12 and STF-1 for $500 and a Pioneer VSX-D514-S for $180 = $680

What are you thoughts on these these setups or do you have something you'd recommend as better?

Willi

gaband27
Unregistered guest
I own the Athena Point 5 and am very pleased with them. Originally was planning on the Micra 6 , but found that the sound was just a little fuller with the Point 5.

They play a little lower, a little louder, and the midrange was better in my opinion.

If you ultimately need the smallest package posiible go with the Micra 6. If not, then the Point 5 are better although about 50% bigger.

If size had not been a factor at all for me I would have gone with three pairs of the AS-B1, a kind of Point 5 on steroids.

Silver Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 121
Yes, go with Athena. I have the point 5 speakers in the rear as surrounds to my large AS-B2 bookshelves and the point 5s have no problem keeping up- they are very detailed. The point 5 has an excellent bracket that makes it very easy to mount on the wall and aim. The micra 6 package is perfect if you want something very small.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 24
throw in the Paradigm Cinema CT series as well. They are absolutly stunning for small speakers.

go check them out! www.paradigm.com and locate a dealer!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us