Strange Random Noise - Any Ideas???

Username: Pbrown

Columbus, OH USA

Post Number: 2
I am getting what is sounding like an ascending skwaking sound out my speakers. It seems to happen randomly. I might watch the TV one night and not hear it at all, and the next time I might hear it 3 or 4 times. It's getting annoying. Since I primarily have the receiver on for the TV, I don't really know if the sound happens with anything else on. Maybe it's the cable box... but read on.

I can't say for sure exactly when this started but I think it was after adding a US Digital HDTV Receiver??? Strange coincidence maybe???It's connected with optical cables. I only use this to watch a couple shows in HD over ther air that I can't get in HD through my cable carrier.

Aside from my subwoofer, I have upgraded all of my speakers from Klipsch Quitet II's to Klipsch's reference series satellites.

My receiver is a Pioneer 6.1 model that is only around 3 years old. I don't think this is related, but lately it has been acting up by not noticing DTS signals.

Back to the weird chirp-like noise. It lasts only a fraction of a second, and I can never seem to be able to tell if it's coming from all of the speakers or just one. For a little while it seemed to sound like it was coming from my Infinity sub, but I just can't tell since it's so random and quick.

If anybody has heard of anything like this coming their speakers, or a speaker, or has any ideas - PLEASE share your comments - I'm going nuts!!!

Thank you,

Patrick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us