DVD audio to receiver setup question

Username: Peterc

Post Number: 6
I have a new Elite 52TX with a Panasonic dvd. It is hooked up through an optical digital cable. DTS and DD are decoded just fine by the receiver. I am going to hook up the the six analog outputs this weekend.

Here is my question. With the optical hookup, a stereo movie when played back with neo6 or DPL2x only plays through the middle speaker. Do I need to also hookup the 2 channel stereo analog outputs to the receiver to run neo 6 or dpl2+? Or will it apply DPL/neo to two of the active six analog outputs? As usual I am confused. The manual has been no help in this area.

The DVD player will be used for Movie DVDs, DVD-A, and SACD. CDs will be played through a dedicated changer. And DPL2 and neo 6 work fine on it's outputs.

Thanks for any help.

Username: Shokhead

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 5
Nothing plays through my 6 analogs until i push the Ent.button on my reciever. Cd's should auto use the dig on your player so i would check the menu setup on the reciever. Anything going through your analogs from your player, your reciever is only doing volume,at least for multi-channel audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us