Yamaha receiver RX-V470 still keeps shutting off

Username: Brybry

Post Number: 7
I posted a thread on here before and got a response. It was about my receiver shutting off out of no where. I had car woofers hooked up to my receiver i was told this is a no no so i unhooked them and thought my problems would go away but they havent still out of no where like i could juss walk in and just turn it on for the first time out of the whole day 3 minutes later it just turns off and when i go to turn it back on shuts off again. i really want to get this fixed please someone help :-(

hopethisworks
Unregistered guest
i have a htr-5280 with that same problem. it turns out one of my speaker wires were short. replaced it and all was fine. i unhooked all speaker wires and unplug the unit for a while then turn it back on to see if it still shuts down...if not... hook up just the speaker wires (making sure the end don't touch) and see what happens...next the speakers. guess what i'm trying to say here is you're basically trying to isolate the problem making sure it's not the unit. last...make sure you're not blocking the heat vents. good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us