Placement of athena as-f2 speakers and other questions

Justin.s
Unregistered guest
I have my self two athena as-f2 speakers. Now in 2 weeks time gonna be getting as-b1 bookshelf speakers. Should i place the f2 in the front or rear ?? I have my self the as-p300 subwoofer, now if i change the setting for my f2's to small will i get better bass from my sub ??

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 279
1) Put the as-f2s up front. The distance from the centre channel to the speaker should be as close as possible to your seating position's distance to the centre channel (TV)

2) Setting the speakers to small depends on how you like it. Setting them to small will send all the bass to the subwoofer. The as-f2s are capable of some good bass and most likely will have more detailed bass response down to 40 Hz than that sub. Bass management options vary by receiver, which receiver are you using? If in doubt I'd leave everything set to large and set the crossover on the back of the sub at 80Hz, see how you like the results.

If it helps I have my fronts set to large, but my receiver still allows me to set the crossover to 40Hz. I have recently set the sub from L/R/LFE to LFE, the ambient bass is reduced a lot this way.

Justin.s
Unregistered guest
I'm using a panasonic sa-xr25, now i don't think this sub has a crossover. But i can see if my receiver has a crossover feature
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us