Advice needed!

Username: Bhoup

Post Number: 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now I've got a pair of Infinity Interlude 30's which I've had for about a year now. They're hooked up to a Denon AVR-484 receiver. I must say that after a year now they are not very impressive to my ears. Not sure if something happened to them or possible the receiver but lately they sound kinda "harsh." They highs just seem a bit too much or it just seems too pushy. Anyways, I'm thinking about upgrading to any of the following:

Fluance SX-HTB surround sound package,
Fluance SM-938 three-way towers,
Jamo X-550
Jamo E-550
MB Quart QLSP44XL

Has anybody heard any of these that they can give me some good advice?

Also, I've heard people say that sometimes a set of speakers just won't match well with certain receivers. Is this true. I've also been considering upgrading the receiver to an Onkyo TX-SR302. Would that be better?

Username: Bhoup

Post Number: 2
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 95
the comment about matching is true but its all relative and really depends on if you like the sound. many will agree that klipsch makes speakers that can be categorized as "harsh" on the highs and would need a reciever that is "warm" to tone down the "harshness". I am sure other people would be able to give you a better idea about what would make good matches and what "warm" and "bright" means. or here is a link that helps with definitions in case you want to take a look. i have alot of posts but still dont really know what im talking about, but just so you have an answer to that comment.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/56618.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us