Athena speakers with Marantz sr5400

stephen v
Unregistered guest
Hi guys I have been reading some of the stuff on this forum but have never posted before.
I was wondering if there is any advice available about pairing the sr5400 with athena AS B1's in each corner and an AS C1 for the center. I plan on using this setup for music as well as movies.

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 125
Should sound very good. Athena makes some very good speakers for the price, a lot like Fluance speakers.

Marantz receiver should pair very well with the athenas, but I would opt for a pair of as-f1's for the front and two as-r1 surrounds for the back.

When I had that setup, I enjoyed the music and movies i listened to a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4193
I agree, not a bad choice. Are you using a subwoofer? If you are considering one, try a different one besides Athena. I believe that it is the weakest area of the Athena line. I thought that it was weak and unrefined. Listen to it first, though, you might like it.

For the subs, a modest budget could get you a Velodyne and for a little more, HSU. I liked them better than the Athena subs.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 266
If your not going the sub route, go for AS-F1.2 fronts for the better bass response.

stephen v
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot guys i appreciate everyones input
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us