What should I do with my used Thorens turntable?

sad person
Unregistered guest
Dear Music Lovers!
I bought a Thorens TD 145 TT about 40 days ago through ebay. Unfortunately, the dust cover was damaged during shipment. After showing some reluctantly receptive attitudes about the damage, the seller has not been responding to my email since the end of last year after saying he would look for a replacement.

It was a perfect looking unit including the dust cover before it was damaged (please see the link below). I think, I would have not bought it, if there wasn't the perfectly-looking dust cover. I even found out that the TT is not in perfect working condition. It seems like in need of tuning, and I have no idea how much it would cost.
I hear humming noise getting louder when I turn my amp volume up. I was thinking about returning it, but the seller wouldn't accept it. What do you think its worth? If I want to sell it without the cover? How much would it be? I think I should sell as "as-is" since I discovered the hum problem. I want to claim an insurance compensation, but I don't know how to do it. I contacted the seller once through the square trade. Should I hire a mediator? If you were me, what would do? Please help me.

Thank you very much!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5734507319#ShippingPaymen t
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us