Is it odd to have internal noise inside of sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Disco_stan

Post Number: 63
When I had nothing but my Fluance DB-150 sub on and had it cranked up to find everything that rattled and to fix it. I noticed that there was one last thing that was rattleing and it was coming from my sub. So by placeing my head all around the box to find the loudest location of the noise it was near the woofer. I was thinking it could be some loose interanl bracing but the thing is brand new. So inside there was a little plastic thinger(brain f@rt) holding the wires together and I figured that was it cuz it was near the woofer. Then I found some veneer cutouts from the ports flying around in there....crazy...

Anyone else had problems like this? Stupid things that get you all worked up.

Bronze Member
Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 76
I actually opened my sub(Infinity IL120S) a week ago just because:-) The subwoofer had 2 small pieces of foem glued to the back the driver's metal cone under the wires so it doesn't make that noise you were talking about. It also had 4 small vent/holes behind the dust cap to keep the voice coil cool. VERY cool design.

Anyways, I am a real pr%#k about the little tiny crap in my HT. My sub has a small volume "wheel" in the front of the sub that turns red and green when it is off or on. In front of the sub box is a platinum painted face plate covering the subwoofer's screws. Well, the face plate is flush against the sub box but there was a small gap by the volume control. This let some of the red and green light out of that gap. This made this $900 sub look like a $100 sub. So I used a small strip of foem with one sticky side. I stuck it on the inbetween the front of the sub box and the face plate and it looks 100X better.

I know it had nothing to do with sound but I was happy:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Haha, but dont your think its a mediocre job to leave garbage(left over veneer) inside the sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Yea, but you get what you pay for sometimes. I don't know anything about the Fluance DB-150 sub so I can't say much about the quality of it. How much was it? Do you like how it sounds? Have you don any SLP test with it yet?

Anyways, in all honesty, I don't know why subs cost so much. I have seen subs cost $2,000-$4,000. How loud or powerful do people need their bass?

List for my sub is $900 and I paid $387 with full warrenty so I am completly happy with it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
I paid $200 and from the quality bass sound I got from the woofers on the floor standing speakers I figured, WTH, I'll buy this sub. The sound is not bad at all for the price, but I dont have a Y-cord yet so I cant truely say. Like the Fluance floor standing speakers they tend to get boomy but their sub has a tight sound to it.

I do not have a SPL meter yet, but at the volumes I have played this sub at it has not bottomed out like the Polk, Velodyne, Sony or MTX 10" subs would do. For 200 bucks I'd say this thing is a beast. I would compare this unit up against Infinity.

I dont know any specs on this unit because they have not posted them yet and its been a long time since they came out with this subwoofer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Sounds like you got a good deal. I don't know if I would ever compair it to the Infinity IL120S but $200 is very good price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us