XRCD

Bronze Member
Username: Froggy

Post Number: 11
This new format produced by JVC is frigging awsome, I just purchased a copy of Dire Straits Bothers In Arms, unreal, pricey, yes but well worth the price of $29 in my book.

The fidelity of this recording is better than any CD I have heard, closest in my collection would be Steely Dan's, Gaucho.

I purchased my copy from a guy in Hong Kong off e bay it was a chance I was willing to take to get in on this new format, well it turned out the guy is honest and a gentleman.

Silver Member
Username: Black_math

Post Number: 197
XRCD is a mastering process developed by JVC. It has been around for years. Generally, XRCD remasters are of excellent quality.

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 391
How does it compare to SACD and DVD-A?

Bronze Member
Username: Froggy

Post Number: 17
Two Cents, I'm not formaly educated in the Jargon of fidelity, I let my ears and brain tell me the story.

I can tell you this I know the difference between a good recording and a bad recording, this XRCD is by far the best recording, when I say best I mean the cleanest in definition, most accurate in imaging and sonic performance I have ever heard on a CD.

These are JVC's words in a nut shell, every nuance of the performance is duplicated as it was recorded, the attention to detail of the remastering is of the highest quality and detail, the same way the original artist, producer and engineers intended it to sound.

The CD'S are directly recorded using the 20 bit K2 A/D Converter and mastered by digital k2

Silver Member
Username: Black_math

Post Number: 202
I prefer XRCD to Mofi's Ultradisc (not the SACD ones) as far as mastering goes. The problem with XRCD was the lousy catalog of titles. Mofi definately wins there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us