HELP HELP HELP HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Ven007

Bangalore, Karnataka India

Post Number: 1
Somebody pls advise me on what good speakers would be ideal for Yamaha RXV 640 price range of about $800 for a pair

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 45
Paradigm Monitor 7's. They are efficient to run, so they won't strain your receiver too much, plus they sound great with yamaha. They are probably around 600, and a great bargain at that price. Have a listen and see what you think, also try PSB if don't like paradigm.

jimvm
Unregistered guest
The Monitor 7's would be a good choice but if you're considering Paradigm, give a listen to the Reference Studio 20's which you could get for around $700. Of course you would have to add stands, but for two channel music, the 20's are very nice sounding speakers -- certainly a step up from the Monitor series.

Post Number: 2
Thanks thanks so i think the paradigm monitor 7 is ideal what about B&W 603 s3 anything on that

ven

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 48
I haven't heard the 603's, but the b&w speakers that i have listened to sound great,a very different sound then paradigm, so listen to both and see which you prefer, try and listen to both of them with a yammie as they do sound a little different with different receivers.

Post Number: 3
ok will do that thanks a lot
ven

Unregistered guest
This is a great board!

I also have a RXV640, and am NO audio expert. This week I bought a pair of Infinity On-Wall Speakers (OWS 1) for the rear left and right. I barely hear them at all. At circuit city they sounded great. Is it this receiver, or am I doing something wrong as far as settings...I read the manual and as I said, I am no expert. With DVDs the receiver shuts itself off, and I am not even getting that full sound. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us