Pioneer DV-563A...does yours skip?

Username: Dantheman

Post Number: 1
I just bought this player and on disc 1 of Elton John, GBYBR SACD (in multichannel) it is skipping and hanging up like crazy. Funny though, disc 2 seems to be fine. Is this variable performance something I have to look forward to in all future SACD and DVD-Audio disc purchases with this player? CD and 2 channel SACD are just fine on disc 1. An experienced DV-563A user's experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance....

Dan

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 391
Dan,
I have the 563A but not the GBYBR SACD. However, I did find that mine skips on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon (SACD) during the song "Money." I got a replacement disc and it too skipped in exactly the same spot. Both discs played fine on another SACD player so the problem lies with my player.

Prior to that it would not play Steely Dan's Gaucho at all. This was a known problem and upgrading to the latest firmware took care of that issue.

All in all, its a decent combo unit for the price but I will look to upgrade to a something better in the future. There was a lot of discussion of the 563A at:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/56777.html

There's lots of good information there and even directions on finding out what firmware level is on your unit. Good luck and be sure to post back with any problems or solutions as there are a few owners of the 563A here.

DavidF
Unregistered guest
Hey, did you ever solve the problem. I just got a DV-563A though eBay. It plays great, but on Elton's "Captain Fantasic" there was a brief cut out in the music. It didn't appear to skip, just stopped for a second....highly annoying.

Username: Dantheman

Post Number: 2
DavidF, The problem was actually with the disk! I returned it to Best Buy and switched for the version with "making of..." DVD also included. This time, no problems. I have purchased Fleetwood Mac/ Rumors (DVD-audio) and Steely Dan/ Gaucho (SACD) and these played flawlessly!

I wonder if a Skip Doctor can be used on SACD disks? Perhaps this would fix your problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us