Rega R3

Bronze Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 70
I have spent a couple of hours at a local dealer this afternoon demo-ing several pairs of £300 - £450 speakers to match my NAD C352/542 system. I have a preference for DM602 S3's since I think the DM303's I currently have are a forgotten bargain at £180.

I listened to the 602's and they are a step up from the 303's: wider more open soundstage, deeper bass, more lucid and focussed midband, but they are ugly lumps!

Next up a pair of Dynaudio 42's lovely mid and treble, but the bottome end was not as clear as the 303's which was suprising. Nice dynamic rhythmic sound though. Last out as a wild card appeared a pair of Rega R3's. They are small floorstanders with a side firing bass driver. Wow! A step up from the 602' s and the Dynaudios. A fantastically clear rhythmic sound, great bass depth but not at all intrusive, little smearing of midrange on complex rock (pearl Jam and Keb Mo were my test discs).

If you are in the market for £450 speakers give them a try out you may be surprised. Excellent value for money in my opinion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us