MP3's performance on Receivers

Bronze Member
Username: Fishcca

Post Number: 29
Does anyone know why the itunes is playing my MP3's at half of the volume as the other inputs(DVD,TV,CD)? I truned up the pre amp on the itunes software.. that helped but not much

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2500
Because you are hooked up directly to the headphone output of the iPod. It has to be "stepped" down to keep from distorting when you plug into the low level RCA inputs of the receiver.
It just keeps things relatively safe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I do not think I was clear, I am speaking of Itunes off of my PC from my line out, mini jack... Nver bothered with the ipod on my receiver, I don't really want to either. But my PC is connected to the receiver and it is at half volume. Wondering of a good sound card would make all of the difference or if I should just leave it alone... thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 73
why dont you try using a different software to play to music, or check the volume settings on you computer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
did the 2nd rec, but not the fist... I'll ply one on MS's music player tonight. Thanks.

edster922
Unregistered guest
What's your PC's connection to the receiver, analog or digital? I find the digital connection makes a big difference...if your computer doesn't have one then I'd advise getting an external USB soundcard which does, the 2-channel ones by Creative are $40 and the multichannel ones are about double that.

edster922
Unregistered guest
What's your PC's connection to the receiver, analog or digital? I find the digital connection makes a big difference...if your computer doesn't have one then I'd advise getting an external USB soundcard which does, the 2-channel ones by Creative are $40 and the multichannel ones are about double that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I have an on board Soundblaster (weak) and a long rca cable. Although the sound is good the volume output is not so good... Already spent money on the long cable and will have to settle for now, unless someone thinks up another idea! I have other projects that take precendence right now.

Username: Djwages

Post Number: 2
The low level output from most PC sound cards runs lower voltage than a dedicated piece of Audio equipment. This to save power for more important things on the Motherboard. Sometimes a better soundcard can help such as an M-audio or EMU.

Username: Djwages

Post Number: 3
You might also look at some of Xitels products

http://www.xitel.com/product_phfl.htm

PLAN B
Unregistered guest
Well I have the Turtlebeach Catalina 7.1 card with Digital Optical out to my receiver. You can grab this card on Newegg.com for under 50 bucks. MP3's sound fantasic for me. However I don't use Itunes either. I get all my mp3's from allofmp3.com. They have rates from 128 to CD quality, for pennies a song. I personally get all my mp3's at 192 or higher. I thought Itunes downloads were rated at 128 though. I could be wrong though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us