Paradigm Titans with a Yamaha Receiver

Username: Reggie_lives

Post Number: 7
I have the HTR 5760, and was looking at getting Paradigm speakers. The store i was checking out was getting rid of there demos and offered me a pair of Titans for $150 (CND). They usually retail around $300, so it's hard to pass up this offer. However, they dont' have Yamaha receivers, so I dont' know what they sound like.

Anyone have any advice?

Also, should i shy away from buying demos?

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1073
Buy them. Paradigm is the best match with Yamaha I know of. The Titan retails for $229 I believe but $150 is a good price even for demos. Oh, I see you are talking about Canadian pricing so that makes it an even better deal. That equal to $115 here so get them before they come to their senses. Make sure you get the full warranty. If they have any other Paradigms at similar prices buy all you can afford. Happy listening.

Post Number: 8
I was quoted that price over the phone. I went down to their store as soon as i got off work, and picked them up. However, upon conversing with the owner of this local shop, i was informed that they will only be carrying the Paradigm Reference line, and that they are tryign to clear out ALL of their performance, cinema and monitor line.

I was really tempted to pick up a pair of Phantoms for $475 CDN (roughly $385 USD), which they usually sell for $699, but can't really afford them right now. I may call them up tomorrow and get them to put them on lay away for 90 days.

I'm assuming Paradigm Phantoms as fronts and Paradigm Titans as rears would be a good combination?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1078
Yes but if you can possibly swing it try to afford something from the Monitor series for your mains. I would take even the Mini-Monitor over the Phantoms. The nice thing about Paradigm is you can mix speakers from different series and they still sound good together. The Monitor 5 would be great if you can affordf those.
That's odd that your dealer is only going to carry the Reference line and not even the very value packed Monitor line. They must have a upscale customer base.

Post Number: 9
After some debate, i've come to the conclusion that both the Phantoms and the Monitor 5's are otu of my price range for at least a few months. Working part time and going to college don't give me a big enough budget.

Would Titans as fronts, and Cinema 90's are rears match? Different series, yet same company. I'm completely knew to home audio, so any input would be appreciated.

I also have the option of only getting the Titans, and using my Polk Audio's as either fronts or rears.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1085
My answer to that question would depend on what you are going to do about your center channel. The front three should match and be from the same company. If you need to buy a center regardless then go Paradigm. If you feel comfortable doing so there are always several Paradigm center on e-bay, usually cheap. Look for a cc150 or 170. I would suggest the Atoms for rears with the Titans. They are very inexpensive and you will also find them on e-bay. I suppose the cinema 90 would be fine but the Atoms are under $200 US so you should be able to afford them I would think.

Post Number: 10
Thanks, you've been a real help.

I was only suggesting the cinema's, because i saw a pair on teh floor and would imagine i could get them dirt cheap.

I already asked about the Atoms and unfortunatly theys old them all. They can always order them, but then there goes the huge discount.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us