Please help me with my sony amp-coaxial-optical problem

Unregistered guest
Hi all!! I have a problem here to....my sony str-de475 amp has an optical digital in port, where it stands TV/SAT in. Next to it is a coaxial port with the label DVD/LD in. My problem is: in the process of connecting my dvd player to the amp i bought a optical cable after heareing that was the best solution...but after connecting it to the TV/SAT my sub woofer kinda dissapares!!! is that because my optical goes into TV/SAT??? can i use coaxial with the same sourround effect?? please answer, been up 26 hours trying differente settings...ending up pulling my hear out!!!

Unregistered guest
Hi Morten

I've just set up a Sony amp, not the same as yours but similar. I think you may find the optical and coax inputs relate to different devices. I.e. you have to use the coax for the DVD and optical for the Sat. If you connect the analogue cables as well, by setting the input to Auto, it should cascade down the input pecking order, depending on what's available. Also check within your DVD setup that you have enabled the right outputs. Hope this helps!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us