Need help in sellecting amp/receiver

Username: Nvn

Post Number: 1
I just bought a use pair of loud speaker rating 30-400 Watt. I want to use it conjunction with my Bose (5 speakers) home theater system. I asked a guy from Circuit City, he sugested to use the receive HK avr525. I look at the specs of that receiver, it only have 70W/ch. I don't think I'll get all the juice out of my speaker. Do you think I should use a power amp to connect the loud speaker and the Bose for sur sound? What power amp do you suggest? I'm thinking of PYLE PRO, NUMARK, or GLI PRO. Anyone familiar with these amps?

Thanks,
nvn

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Post Number: 203
They are car speaker amps, not home audio amps.

What receiver do you currently have and what pair of speakers did you get? That would help in giving advice--along with what is your room size?

If you already have a 7.1 receiver with 7 amp channels and you are satisfied with the performance with the 5 speakers, you can try connecting the new speakers and see if you like it.

If you have a 7.1 receiver, but only 5 channels of amplifications it is quite easy to buy a stereo amp from NAD, ATI, Adcom, and numerous other companies.

If you have a 5.1 receiver then buying a 7.1 receiver makes sense and is probably necessary if you want either true 7.1 or at least matrixed 7.1 sound.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us