AVR435 v/s AVR 430

Anonymous

What is the difference b/w the HK AVR435 and the 430. No. of inputs / outputs ?? I've noticed the power and a lot of other stuff to be the same? Anyone with answers ????

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2271
A definitive answer will be from HK. Call their customer service and you should be set.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 212
According to the press release from CEDIA 2004 (on the HK website), some of the differences are as follows:

AVR435 has the EzSet Eq automatic system calibration, more vidio/audio inputs, an upgraded 24 bit/192kHz D/A converter and an upgraded 32 bit DSP processor.

Anonymous

hk avr630 vs hk avr635 what is the difference?

Anonymous

it is better to have a discontinued hk avr 630 or the new hk avr 235?? for the same price..

Bronze Member
Username: Landlockedph

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16
My questions would be the discountinued HK AVR630 or the new, AVR435 ?

Anonymous

I have the same predictament too..... AVR 630 or the AVR435. I have a pair of BETA 50's which are power hungry. I am planning on going with the AVR630 since it would be able to push the speakers better when compared with the AVR435 even though I am missing out on the auto caliberation and other new features.

Bronze Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17
Right now, you can buy the AVR 630 for about $649 or get on a list for the AVR 435 for $676. Speaking purely "sound quality" when listening to music... what features (other than auto EQ) would be advantageous in the AVR 435 ?

Silver Member

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 217
The better chipset in the AVR435 would be the reason I would take it over the AVR630. The beta 50's would do well with either receiver though and are a good match.

Bronze Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18
I spoke with HK support and was told "sound quality" would be identical between the AVR 430 & 435. Even going to the AVR 630 & 635. A little more volume (he said "oomph") with the 63x receivers.

But the sound of the 4 receivers would be the same.

vancouver
Unregistered guest
LandlockedPH the HK support who told you sound quality would be identical is wrong! the 635 and 435 have theTexas Instrument's Aureus audio digital signal processor (DSP)and analog components are driving the ultimate in sound quality and the latest audio features in Harman Kardon's two new Audio/Video (AV) receivers, the AVR 635 and AVR 435. Creating a feature-rich, cost-effective system, the TI devices enable Harman Kardon to quickly and easily deliver a compelling, realistic listening experience.

The DA610, a 225 MegaHertz (MHz) floating point DSP that delivers 1800 million instructions per second (MIPS) and 32/64-bit native processing, has an open audio framework that provides manufacturers like Harman Kardon a flexible design environment to easily add the latest features to differentiate their products. The new receivers also utilize several TI analog components including operational amplifiers, interface, power management and logic.

The AVR 635, a 7.1-channel A/V receiver, includes the latest features and technologies to set new standards in sound quality, multiroom operational flexibility and ease of use. It includes the EzSet/EQ feature set and provides extraordinary sonic performance, featuring a high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth, discrete-output amplifier section that delivers seven channels of high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth amplification (7 x 75 watts of power output into 8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, <0.07% THD, all channels driven; 2 x 90 watts in stereo; and +/-50 amps of high-current capability), and state-of-the-art 192kHz/24-bit audio D/A converters.

The AVR 435, also a 7.1-channel system, is similar in configuration to the AVR 635 and provides most of its ultimate-performance features and flexibility, including EzSet/EQ automatic system optimization functionality, three HDTV-compatible component video inputs, automatic digital input polling and multiroom operation. The AVR 435 includes a high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth amplification (7 x 65 watts of power output into 8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, <0.07% THD, all channels driven; 2 x 80 watts in stereo; and +/-40 amps of high-current capability), and 192kHz/24-bit audio D/A converters.

For more information on the AVR 635 and the AVR 435, please visit Harman Kardo

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2351
Sounds like someone from HK lurks around here. Or maybe someone pretending to be one.
Still, nice information, though.

Anonymous

True. Good information on both with heavy emphasis on the TI processor.

However, according to HK support... the sound that you hear is produced by the "high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth amplification" and not the chip that provides control of the unit.

Sometimes, "audiophiles" get bogged down in specs and not real world listening. Specs don't provide sound. Analog amplification does.

Therefore; I think I'll go with HK's support on this one. Thanks anyway.

Bronze Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 19
I'd have to agree with Anonymous (and the HK support team).

You hear to the sound produced by the amplification. Not the processor.

Maybe that's the whole point of most receiver's versions of PURE AUDIO?

Silver Member

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 218
If processing didn't matter (which it does) you could use any processor with the best amplifier and get the same sound.

The chipset does make a difference in sound.

Anonymous

"Sound" doesn't require processing. However, to be played through and electronic speaker, it does require amplification.

Bronze Member
Username: Blitzschnell

QubecCanada

Post Number: 13
by the way, High Current is a marketing artifact for giving a more realistic technical specification know as damping factor ... You can have he number of bit you want in the processing stage, if the analog sections of the amp is bad the sound will be bad. Digital seem to get cheaper with time while analog not, one can wonder why amplifier get cheaper with time ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us