Some NAD Link questions: C372, C542, and 414.

Username: Basmans

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I already own a NAD 414 tuner which has no remote but it does have NAD Link in/out.

I'm considering getting a C372 amp and a C542 CD player to replace my old amp (Marantz PM-63) and player (some flashy Pioneer thing).

I've read the manuals in pdf format on NAD's site, but I'm confused between the Nad Link capability on my 414 and C542 and the IR IN,OUT on the C372. Are they the same?

More in detail: can I use the C372's remote to control the 414 via NAD Link? Can I use the C732's remote to control the C542? Should this be done with or without a NAD Link cable? And if so, when I "daisy chain" from the C372 to the 414 to the C542 for example, should all equipment be powered on for it to work?

Thanks in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 60
you do not need the nad link for the c542, it has a remote sensor built in...

Bronze Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 49
The remote for the C352 and the C542 cdp operate "each other" so to speak. I assume that the remote with the C372 is similar to the C352 so you should be ok wihout the NAD link (I dont use it)

Username: Basmans

Post Number: 2
Okay thanks! But what about the tuner? Would it be compatible? I really can't find out if NAD Link and the C372's IR out is the same...

Username: Wolfson

Post Number: 3
Why dont you ask NAD.

Username: Sjefje

Post Number: 3
They are all the same. i used a C440 tuner with the C372 and the C542. It works with Nadlink but in the end I traded the C440 for a C422 tuner with IR.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us