Receiver or integrated amp

Username: Freshfighter

AntwerpBelgium

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a budget 2 channel hifi system (receiver or amp + 2 bookshelf speakers), with use mainly for music. I want to connect this to my cd-player and PC with Soundstorm sound card preferably digitally. This because of the better sound quality of the Soundstorm sound card digital interface (SPDIF). Therefore, I will need a surround receiver, because there are simply no integrated amps with digital inputs...

However, many people advice still to use the analog out of my sound card and cd-player and go for a integrated amp, like the NAD C320BEE. My primary choice for surround receiver would be the Harman Kardon AVR 130 or 230.

I can't decide what to do! Is it worth to pay for all extra surround features of the HK or should I simply take the true analog stereo features of the NAD?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!

Anonymous

I have lots of experience with 2-Channel NAD gear. It's great stuff and you won't be disapointed. While I havn't had my soundcard connected to my stereo in a while I used to use an analog connection from mini-headphone to stereo RCA and it worked very well. NAD Also has a new product out/coming out called the NETCAP which will use wireless networking to connect to media on your computer and play back with superior sound quality. Ask a dealer about that option too.

I can't speak for the H/K as I've never used it nor am I a surround Guru.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us