What do you think?

Bronze Member
Username: Earful

Post Number: 31
I have read somewhere that warm sounding and even neutral sounding receivers can sound lackluster for movies, DTS, and SACD. I would like to hear from people who own a Pioneer Elite or Nad receiver and hear what you have to say about how movies these formats sound to you.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 58
That is not true i would say if it sound good it sounds good period.Now i had Pioneer Elite 54 the best bang for buck and now i am going to get NADT763 which is simple yet give so much more in terms of audio quality look for my detail review.

Username: Ilinked

Shadyside, Maryland USA

Post Number: 2
CB
I just bought a Pioneer elite 56TXi and a DV 59AVi disc player. See my new post. The sound quality of the Pioneer's SACD playback is astounding. I currently have B&W nautilas 805s as fronts and I'm using one of my B&W CDM1s as a center. My surrounds and sub are from an old polk setup (soon to be replaced). I was originally going to buy Rotel seperates and spent a few hours with a high end dealer moving 805 speakers around his show room listening to all of his Rotel systems. I wasn't Wowed even though I was expecting and wanting to be.I noticed he had the Pioneer player and receiver also in the show room and asked to hear the B&Ws w/ the Pioneer equipment. I was Wowed and surprised by the Pioneer. I think the dealer was also. The Pioneer is warmer, and the combination of the Pioneer w/ The B&Ws, that have a reputation as being on the bright side, were a perfect match. I love crisp, distinct highs from a system, which is why I'll always be in the B&W family and I think the Pioneer mellows them out to perfection.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us