Acoustic energy VS. monitor audio

Unregistered guest
please help!

which speakers do you recommend?

Acoustic Energy AEGIS EVO 3
or
Monitor Audio BRONZE 4

speakers for my NAD C 350?

i've listened to bronze 4, it sounds really good, and it's 100 EUROs cheaper... but here only the best about EVO 3... so, which one should it be?
maybe something else?

Anonymous

I've demo'd both and to me, Acoustic Energy sounded much better. I think it won the Hi-Fi Choice bookshelf speaker roundup.
The cherry looks real nice.

damir
Unregistered guest
but evo 3 is a floorstander...

i'm thinking about black... 8)

Anonymous

oops. was thinking of the evo 1's on the hi-fi choice article.

Anonymous

i have a similar set-up, nad c350 with a nad521bee cd player. it took me a month to decide which speakers to purchase to match my set-up (b&w, mission, MA, mordaunt short & wharfdales).

i ended up with ae's evo 3. i think it actually depends on what type of music that you're going to listen to. for one, i found AE more laid back than MA. both of them were impressively clean and smooth but since i listen mostly to jazz and lounge music, i liked AE better.

in the end, listen and trust your ears.

Anonymous

Its been a while, but i thought the MA B2s won a lot of awards too. Depending on what you are looking for (ie floorstander or bookshelf), you may want to check these out.

Username: Fletcher

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 8
I'm going to audition these, will post back soon.

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 85
The MA Bronze B2 (2way bookshelf) has garnered lots of accolades in the British magazines. BUT you'd better listen thoroughly for yourself and decide. The B4 (which is the B2 plus one extra driver/larger cabinet)is not a competent perfomer in the midrange. Voices are fair only. The B4 has the midrange-dismal sound of the B2, just a little more reach in the bass and is not overly involving. Audition them carefully. MA differs the driver material in the Bronze, Silver and GOLD line, the Golds perform well enough to be sure, but are quite pricey.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us