Nad t742 or marantz sr5300

Anonymous

Please give me some opinion, as far as 5.1(not 6.1)decoding/processing is concern, which is better t742 or sr5300? which is more realistic as far as sound movement across the room is concern.

thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 200
it is not as much as the decoding that determines the sound movement, it is actually the encoding, by the sound mixers at the source. Hence the big difference between DTS and DD. It is the effort and technique of the recording and the mixing is done that can make or break the audio qualities of a DVD. Ambient sounds, atmosphere, background sounds are all encoded by the sound editors, the decoding and the panning of these sounds are pretty much decoded in one way...the reproduction and delivery is of course a different matter.
all else aside, I like the qualities of the NAD T742.
cheers

Anonymous

thanks berny.

you mentioned of reproduction and delivery. are you referring to the impact(bang), details, etc.?

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 53
Anon, listen to them both. They are both excellent. I would say, that the Marantz sr5300 is a step up over the T742. The T753 is probably a half step better than the sr5300. I own both the T763 and the SR5300.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 202
Anonymous,
that's exactly what I was referring. The challenge now is to try and listen to them both over the same set of loudspeakers and then decide which qualities you like. Bring music and movies that you like so that you can pick out the nuances and other characteristics that you can hear or don't hear, for that matter.
Let the fun begin!
cheers

Anonymous

okey. thanks to both of you guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us