Advice on Denon & Infinity

Username: Valtec

Newburgh, NY USA

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone,

I have been reading posts here for several weeks now and admire the genuine interest and advice given to all. I would appreciate very much any advice on a system that I have been on the edge of purchasing.
I recently bought a Sony 34HS510 widescreen HDTV and a Toshiba XS32 DVD recorder. Now I am trying to finish off what I started. I really think I like the Infinity TSS-750 7.1 speaker set. I have been going over & over & over receivers for quite some time now - I think I have settled on the Denon AVR-2805. Now, I realize that final sound is very subjective. My room is about 12 x 20 with hardwood floors & plaster walls. I want to stay with the Infinity's because of size primarily. I had looked at the Onkyo & Kenwood because I would have liked to use the network capability since I am a computer guy and my house is wired all over and I have dedicated Internet, both Windows & Linux servers, also wired & wireless. It just made sense that I should consider the networked receivers. I "thought" I liked the Kenwood N8100 or the Onkyo 8/901 but, after reading others posts, I have changed my mind. I really believe that the Denon 2805 will suit me just fine. Oh yeah, I will also be purchasing another DVD/VCR combo so the 3 component inputs to the Denon is exactly what I need. I also have Time Warner HD cablebox with DVI & component outputs.

I have several questions regarding Denon: 1)what is up with the warranty and e-tailers??? 2)What is the difference between the AVR-985 and the AVR-2805? Is one last years model, a salesman at Vann's told me Denon does that because of the warranty - apparently they had misappropriated serial numbers and alot of customers with no warranty.

The Infinity's and the 2805 suit my budget just fine, although I do have some room here. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Be kind, I am sorta new at this, I haven't been in this market for quite awhile.

Thanks,
Valtec (Bill)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us