Receviers recommendation

Username: Fabiangt5

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am a new user here,i would like to get some recommendations for a receiver.I am planning to but a new receiver yamaha rx-v2500.Has anyone heard of this amp?I using def tech speakers,Mythos 1,mythos 3 centre and the BPVX surronds with a super cube I.Any recommendations receviers to make full use of my speakers?My budget is about $2000.Confused about which amp to buy,about 80% i use it for HTR 20% for music.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 177
Those speakers do best with a warmer receiver, the Yamaha may be too much.

The Yamaha is a great receiver, but for $2000 there are definitely other options to consider.

HK AVR630
Pioneer Elite VSX-56Txi
Cambridge Audio Azur540R

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1001
For $2000 or under you can add the H/K 7300 and Marantz 8500 to your list. Both better options with Def Tech than the otherwise very good Yamaha.

Post Number: 2
Kano,

You mean this yamaha is too bright for my speakers.I was thinking of going into pre-amp too,but rather new to pre-amp system.Do you have any views on that?Can you explain to me what does a warmer or bright receiver mean?My friend keep asking me to get a yamaha but i kind of think it will not be good.

Post Number: 3
therelelitefan,

wat are your views?I have not listen to any H/K or marantz?Do not know how good they perform?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1005
Def Tech's are a bit on the bright side and do best with a warmer receiver and Elite, Marantz and H/K are the brands that fit that description. Any of these work very well with Def Tech. I would look at the Elite 56, H/K 635 or 7300 and the Marantz 7500 or 8500, when it comes out. All sound great IMO with both music and movies and my personnel preference is of course the Elite's because they offer excellent sound and build quality, good processors, can be had mail order/online for huge discounts and are just so damn beautiful. My favorite sonic quality of the Elite's is the way they reproduce the human voice. No brightness or sibilance of any kind. I like the newer Yamaha's and am kind of amazed at how cheap the 1500 and 2500 are already from the sites on this forum but just don't think they are nearly as good a match with Def Tech as the others.

Username: Indianspringsaz

Post Number: 7
NAD T773 would be your best bet, would even be under your budget.

Bronze Member
Username: Blitzschnell

QubecCanada

Post Number: 11
you can add Arcam avr-250 and 300 to your list.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1006
I agree about the NAD but am not sure about Arcam. I know they are great receivers but are they a good match with a brighter speaker? My only experience with Arcam was driving a couple Phase Tech systems and I thought both were among the worst I have heard. I do not attribute this to the Arcam but am just curious in opinions from more experienced Arcam users as to what they match best with.
BTW, I have a coworker who has the Def Tech 7000 paired with the Elite 59 and he loves the combination.{who wouldn't]. The 59 can be had for around $2500.

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
You can go pre-pro for that amount too Fabian. The outlaw pre-amp power amp combo is quite affordable, as well the cambridge pre/pro is excellent. Rotel, Nad are also excellent companies but I'm not sure on the pairing.

Cambridge and Nad multichannel receivers are rather new, both rolling over to the 2nd generation now. There has been a lot of quality control issues but both offer excellent sound, while not being as feature loaded as some of the other receivers. As far as pre-pro equipment goes they are excellent.

Post Number: 4
My friend told me that the new yamaha 2500, is one of the best HTR a/v amps around.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
I'd agree with that statement. However I believe you can achieve all your home theatre goals and still have a receiver that plays music to the same degree. I feal the Yamaha does not do music as well, but is excellent for home theatre, really brings out the every pin drop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us