Speaker Setup

Username: Davidm

Miami, FL

Post Number: 2
I have a HTR 5760 A/V receiver and am a little confused with the speaker setup. I have the Yamaha 9500 speakers for use with the surround sound from the TV or DVD. The question is what to do with the large floor speakers that I use for listening to music from the CD player. I would like to eliminate the amp that they are presently connected to and hook them to the new 5760. The large speakers are in the same room as the surround speaker. If I hook up the floor speakers to B on the receiver, what location do I use in the setup for them. Also, when I play music, do I shut off the A speakers and if I do this will the center speakers be on B and the other surround speakers be operational?

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 526
David,

I would just use the floor speakers for music (as they are a different brand than your other surround speakers). Connect them to the Speaker B terminals and be done with it. Place them wherever you like to listen to them. With this placement, if you choose "Speaker A", then your 5 surround speakers ONLY will be playing, and when you choose "Speaker B", the two floor speakers ONLY will be playing. If you want all of them, choose both Speaker A and B at the same time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us