Which of these two In-Dash Car CD players is the best in reputation and sound quality?

Anonymous

I am in need to purchase a new CD player for my 1984 BMW 528e 4DR sedan. It's come down to two brands of reputation Sony and Pioneer. I had a Pioneer circa 1990ish. The newer ones look well built...but I don't want one that's bad for my factory speakers. Which is the best known for sound clarity and quality, along with volume control options...and very minute distortion. I also want something that reads CD's without much trouble. Can anyone help me?

Unregistered guest
Just to let you know there is a seperate area for car audio related topics. Personally I would go for a Clarion cd player but if money is no object McIntosh makes one too.

Username: Charlie_ob

GloucesterUK

Post Number: 2
I've always used Alpine in the past - I found them to sound as good as they are reliable. Since they sold out to the flashy lights and neon brigade, though I've moved on. I now only use Nakamichi. (I cant afford a McIntosh!) even after a few reliability issues I would never look back. Instead of spending cash and dolphin screensavers and other pointles gizmos, Nakamichi concentrate on music. And thats what its all about. Lots of inputs and outputs, fine tune balance control and a rotory volume nob are some of the usefull things they come with. After using rotory controls, I cant ever go back! good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us