Multiple digital video inputs?

Unregistered
Unregistered guest
I'm wondering if there are any receivers out there that allow you to use a HDTV that has only one HDMI or DVI input.

For instance, I want to be able to hook up HD DirecTV box, an upconverting DVD player, possibly a computer, and maybe a future HD quality game console (PS3?).

I would like to be able to select the source from the receiver, and have as many all digital inputs in the receiver as possible.

I don't know much about what's out there, but in looking at TV's, some have only one DVI or HDMI input, while others have 2. If the better PQ is the TV with one, I'd like to be able to switch the sources at the receiver so I don't have to use component video.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 167
The Denon AVR-5805 does : 6 component inputs, 1 DVI, 3 HDMI. 2 Component outs, 1 HDMI/DVI.

Too bad its MSRP is $9000, this receiver is kickass. Ethernet port for control and upgrades. Component upscaling to 780p/1080i. Toroidial power transformer. 10 channels with independent power supplies. 92lbs!

But really for that much money you should be buying seperates. I haven't seen any other receivers with as much HDTV support. The Onkyo TX-NR1000 has 2 component and 1 HDMI.

http://www.denon.ca/html/product_display.asp?id=216
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us