What new speakers shold i have!

Username: Johnb70

Post Number: 1
I currently have a marantz pm7200 amp cambridge audio azur 640c cd a cambridge audio dab 300 tuner a project 3 turntable all coupled by qunex cables and mission 73i speakers connected with qed carnival bi-wire cables. can anyone recommend a good upgrade on my speakers to compliment my system.

Anonymous

I am still waiting for someone to offer me conclusive proof that really, really expensive cables make an audible difference.

I love it when audiophiles say things, like "these cables sound warm," or "you can feel the artist's intent when listening to music carried over these cables." Best ruse yet: "After break in, you will experience unprecedented clarity." Yep, those electrons have to hack through the wilderness before they can use the trail...

Anonymous

And what does that have to do with his question about new speakers?

Anonymous

The guy was pimpin' about his cables, like it makes a difference.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 178
Maybe really expensive cables only make a noticable difference with really expensive equipment... But back to the subject at hand.

Username: Wolfdog22us

Post Number: 4
Cables, go with lower guages, the price doesnt matter the Guage does. The thicker the better.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 247
The price matters. If the materials from which the cables are made aren't particularly good then you'll get lower quality irrespective of gauge. Chord Rumour at £10/m sounds a whole heap better than cooker wire which is 3 times as thick and costs £1/m.

Gauge helps of course, but it can't get over impurities in the copper, or a dielectric which allows air to oxidise it.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 248
Incidentally, John, is that QED Carnival or Chord Carnival? I didn't think QED made a cable called Carnival. Good basic cable if so. Sorry I can't help on the speaker choices thing - I don't know the kit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us