Panasonic DVD/CD player DVD-RV32 starts to read but stops

Unregistered guest
My Panasonic DVD/CD Player DVD-RV-32 starts to read a disc then it goes to stop on the read out and stays there There is a code HO7 in the read out before it goes to STOP mode and stays there.

Any suggestions? Throw it out?

Thanks Tony

Bronze Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 77
Tony check out this site

www.ledcar.com/pdvdh07/

I think this is a common problem.

Ken Fox
Unregistered guest
We have a Panasonic DVD-RV32. By mistake we placed a Windows Media Video High Definition version DVD for PC DVD-ROM drive. Since then it won't play any DVDs at all. We have turned it off etc. Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
Ken don't think that putting a DVD in a player that won't support it will cause any damage to the player. It is possible that the player is just giving out because of the problems listed in that web site.

My recommendation would be to buy a Denon or Marantz DVD player. I have owned and seen bad reviews on store brand players ranging from Sony and Panasonic to Kenwood, JVC, Toshiba. None of them last very long

Unregistered guest
My panasonic dvd/cd RV32 player reads the disc and then it goes directly to stop with a message HO7 on the display. How can I resolve this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
Chrissy read that site I posted above. There is no fix worth getting. Look for another DVD player. I know it hurts, but I just had to through away a Sony carosel DVD/CD player that I payed $650 for less than 4 years ago. That's just how these things go.

imyf@gmail.com
Unregistered guest
I have a panosonic dvd/cd which is coded so it only plays region 2, have beng struggling to find any codes, can anyone help? please email me

geeace
Unregistered guest
Re our Panasonic DVD/CD player (DVD-CP72) a disc obviously is dislodged from its depression in the tray so that the tray door will not close. Looks as though we can remove the case and retrieve the disc, but the manual gives all sorts of warnings re shock (laser), etc. Is it too risky to try? TNX Geeace

Username: Joeynic

Nanaimo, BC Canada

Post Number: 1
hi name is joey I have a panasonic dvd-rv32 right now I am trying to see if I can play burn movies on its and I dont now why it will not play can you people help me please

Mike Verslype
Unregistered guest
Thank you for posting the pictures on the motor lubrication/repair. By using that guide, I was able to keep my RV32 going just a little bit longer.....and save me a few dollars for now. The only mistake I made was putting a little too much lubricant on (Zep45) and it spun onto the DVD when starting up the first time, making it temporarily unreadable. Had to clean the DVD. Thanks again! Mike

justnadim
Unregistered guest
joey, it plays burned discs. Just make sure you use memorex dvds. I have the same player. Verbatim and tdk, etc discs don't play clearly, boxy letterings show up. my recommendation, use MEmorex dvds.

Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

I used the link with the repair photos to fix my Dvd Player so at least it will play again for a while. My experience was abit different though. First, by leaving the tray out before going inside I was able to remove the Laser cover straight off without having to unscrew anything, it was tricky but released easily from the right side after sliding it back (with the back of the unit facing me) and I had to finagle the left side out by raising the right side and swinging it forward alittle and reversing this process to put it back. I was then able to lubricate everything (Silicone sprayed into a cap and applied with Q-tips so there was no chance of overspray) including the rails, gears and of course the motor. Getting the tray back to its exact position was tricky, I shouldn't have moved it at all. I finally got it by using the picture from the link and carefully sliding it fully back in, keeping the backside raised so the gears did not move and then moving the gears pointed tab slightly this way and that until the tray sat flat. Thanks to Stof for the link it is much appreciated.

Username: Mateo1597

Hi. I`ve got a Panasonic DVD RV-32 and I can`t play any DVD`s from Europe. Could someone help ?? It`s possibly the firmware so where I could find it ?? And how to update it ?? Thanks for any help

Username: Nia

we have the panasonic dvd-rv32. every since we have bought it, it will only play black and white. I feel stupid but any help would be appreciated.

Username: Astonone

Bishop AucklandUnited Kingdom

Panasonic dvr ex79eb PLEASE WAIT... would like to let those who recieve this message on a panasonic recorder. reason for this is because the recorder power was swithed of from the mains supply. hence PREASE WAIT means the recorder is resetting itself, if it does not reset then you have a problem with main mother board. I had same problem with just flashing PLEASE only and had to warm recorder in fron of fire then got PLEASE WAIT then it put its self right....I hope this helps someone...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us