Question about DTS 24/96

Darren
Unregistered guest
I am considering purchasing the NAD T773 receiver and I noticed that it does not come with DTS 24/96. Forgive me as I am new to home theater but what exactly is DTS 24/96? Is it a big deal that this receiver doesn't have it?

The NAD T773 comes with an RS232 port so I was wondering if this DTS 24/96 could be upgraded into my would-be receiver in the future?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I did not check on the product , it might have the 96/24 compatibility , even though that they have not mentioned it. DTS 96/24 is the next evolution of DTS , which is backwards compatible with legacy DTS. DTS 96/24 (96KHz / 24 Bit sampling) utilizes DTS sub-band to provide this enhanced information. you can find more info on this from www.dtsonline.com.

Darren
Unregistered guest
Thanks very much for the info.

Bronze Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 146
DTS is 24 bit, 96 kHz. As long as the DVD-player will do that (check) and does not down-sample (say to 48 kHz) then the receiver will be OK, and process what it is given. So it goes without saying the T773 will do that. I could be wrong but this is what I have always thought. It is a player issue. For example, the NAD T512 samples at 48 kHz, the T532 at 96 Hz - though they are outwardly identical.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us