Shipping US->Canada: FedEx ground or USPS Airmail?

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 262
Hi,

If I were to have a speaker shipped from California to Quebec Canada, which should I use for a 40 lbs speaker?

USPS Airmail Parcel Post (4 - 10 Days) US$55.25
FedEx International ground (9 days) US$48.65

Is one better with customs and collecting taxes?
Is one more gentle with packages?

Thanks
Peter

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1842
I find that both are equally adept at collecting taxes. I haven't had any problems with package handling on both so I believe it is a matter of economics at this point.
Off topic, are you related to the photographer???

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 263
Thanks, I think USPS hands the parcel over to Canada post and they charge C$5 for handling the taxes. Do you know if FedEx has extra charges? (I don't mind $5 but would mind a much larger surprise!)

And no, I'm not related to either the photographer or the economist. :-(

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1853
Yes, the USPS hands the packge over to Canada post. I've sent packages via Fedex to Canada and to Asia and the only time charges were incurred was in Asia, but the charges were levied onto the recepient and not the sender.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 30
i would say get them through fedex that is good they do not over charge now ups if it ground they add thier brokage which kills u if express they insist on paying gst and pst even if it is outside province or county sale so have fun thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 99
If you can convince them to underestimate the value of the speakers on the packing slip you will save a bundle, since you owe an additional 13% upon delivery. GST & PST

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
no i am sure they are supposed to charge GSt i am not sure on pst as it is out of province sale so any suggestions guys

Daijoubu
Unregistered guest
Baldev Grewal: He's talking about USPS, not UPS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
My Bad any way UPS and USPS are bad in handling speakers ups wrecked one set and are yet to pay they told packing will have to withstand four drop on thier belts from one feet and if damaged not thier fault fedex and purolator in canada are gentler in handling them and they pay for what they break hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us